right click here and open in new tab or window to hear THE SONG OF MY HEART Moment In A Song: HOME

Sunday, February 18, 2007

HOME

Troy's is a dream life. His hometown buddies back in the Philippines look up to him and envy him. His family back home in Baguio City are fiercely proud. His job in an IT firm in Baltimore pays well. Enough for him to afford a car and a home in Laurel, Maryland.


He should be able to enjoy afterwork hours partying or hanging out with friends. That is, if he wanted to. And yet, he chooses to head straight home.


Everyday, after clocking out he drives home with an urgency that would make you imagine a waiting woman wherever he's headed. But instead, he comes home to an empty house. Elegant. But empty.


Still, one would wonder about the smile on his face as soon as he enters his abode. Even before he gets a change of clothes, even before he fixes himself dinner, even before he can think of grabbing a drink for himself, he opens the door to his bedroom. He reaches for the light switch and immediately sets his eyes on the chair and desk at the far end of the room. He walks over almost hurriedly and sits himself comfortably on the chair as he loosens his tie. He settles his left elbow on the desk. Thumb on chin.


He clicks a button on his notebook computer. Buzz.


"Hi, sweetheart... how was your day?" Yasmeen. She waits online like this everyday. Same time. The way Troy hurries home immediately after work.


"Fine, baby. I miss you..." And she is why Troy would rather be home evenings instead of hanging out.

"I miss you, too, Troy. I got myself a book today. It's about..."

Miles apart. Countries apart. He's away. She's home.



HOME by Michael Buble

Another summer day 
Has come and gone away 
In Paris and Rome 
But I wanna go home 
 
May be surrounded by 
A million people I 
Still feel all alone 
Just wanna go home 
Oh I miss you, you know 
 
And I've been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you 
Each one a line or two 
"I'm fine baby, how are you?"
Well, I would send them but I know that it’s just not enough 
My words were cold and flat 
And you deserve more than that 
 
Another aerorplane 
Another sunny place 
I'm lucky I know 
But I wanna go home 
I got to go home 
 
Let me go home 
I'm just too far from where you are 
I wanna come home 
 
And I feel just like I'm living someone elses life 
It's like I just stepped outside 
When everything was going right 
And I know just why you could not 
Come along with me 
This was not your dream 
But you always believed in me 
 
Another winter day has come 
And gone away 
And even Paris and Rome 
And I wanna go home 
Let me go home 
 
And I'm surrounded by 
A million people I 
Still feel alone 
Let me go home 
Oh, I miss you, you know 
 
Let me go home 
I've had my run 
Baby, I'm done 
I gotta go home 
Let me go home 
It'll all be alright 
I'll be home tonight 

I'm coming back home