right click here and open in new tab or window to hear THE SONG OF MY HEART Moment In A Song: SOMEDAY

Sunday, February 18, 2007

SOMEDAY

Ryan tightens his embrace on a figure resting on his chest. He wonders if she was asleep. Truth is nothing could make Faith sleep.

It’s almost cinematic. At dawn, they were seated together on the porch swing with a heavy blanket around them. It was a sleepless night before this. When all they did was talk. They had to. A lot had to be said.

She feels Ryan’s slow, even breathing against the side of her face. With one hand against his chest, she could feel his heartbeat as well.

“Fizz…” Ryan gives out a soft, hoarse whisper of the name only he is allowed to call her, “thank you… for all those times when I was too blind to see you and still you stayed. I can’t believe how stupid I have been. I wish I could turn back time. If only I had told you and made you feel…. If only I realized sooner how perfectly secure I had been around you… If…” He breaks into sobs.

“Ry,” this was all Faith could bear, she sits up straight and looks into Ryan’s face. She gently wipes away his tears with the tips of her fingers. “All those times, I was not thinking of anything other than to show you I cared more than you realized. I was hopeful. But I had no illusions. I had no demands. I knew where I stood.”

“I’m so sorry, Faith”

“No, I’m sorry,” there was pain in her soft speech “I could not hang on any longer. I’ll always be here for you. But, see, Ryan… When Gary found me, he was willing to take the half a package that I was.”

She reaches for his trembling hands. “He made me feel I could be whole again just by making me realize that I am special. He makes me feel appreciated. And not just because I’m important to him. But because I do have value as a person.”

Then the painful truth.

“Ryan? I loved you. But I have Gary now. I love him. I’m so much in love with him…”


Someday --- Nina

Someday you're gonna realize

One day you'll see it through my eyes

But then i won't even be there

I'll be happy somewhere

Even if i can't



I know

You don't really see my worth

You think you're the last guy on earth

Well I've got news for you

I know I'm not that strong

But it won't take long

Won't take long


'Coz someday, someone's gonna love me

The way, I want you to need me

Someday, someone's gonna take your place

One day I'll forget about you

You'll see, i won't even miss you

Someday, someday



Right now

I know you can tell

I'm down,and i'm not doin' well

But one day these tears

They will all run dry

I won't have to cry

Sweet goodbye



Coz someday, someone's gonna love me

The way, I want you to need me

Someday, someone's gonna take your place

One day I'll forget about you

You'll see, i won't even miss you

Someday,

I know someone's gonna be there



Someday, someone's gonna love me

The way, I want you to need me

Someday, someone's gonna take your place

One day I'll forget about you

You'll see,I won't even miss you

Someday, someday