right click here and open in new tab or window to hear THE SONG OF MY HEART Moment In A Song: PROMISE ME

Sunday, February 18, 2007

PROMISE ME

The airport sets the stage for bittersweet moments of love and separation. The departure area is a venue where tears freely flow from those who leave and those that get left behind.

Hearts get torn to pieces on account of just a wave of the hand that signifies goodbye, or from that tight embrace full of wishes that it could go on forever, or that lingering kiss between two people about to be parted by time and distance…

The mood of two people is incongruent with this sunny weekend morning.

He holds her hands and moves close to whisper, “Hey, be good while I’m away. I’ll be back before you know it.”

She struggles for something to say. But nothing. Behind her dark glasses, her eyes begin to well.

Sensing her torment, he inches closer. Now face to face he tries to peek through her sunglasses, “You’re crying!” He feigns a soft laugh, teasing.

“No, I’m not,” replies she, defiantly “well, I am… but only coz I’m hungry! I haven’t had breakfast.” He laughs again, pulls her close. In a tight embrace, he whispers, “I’ll be back. I’ll be home soon. I love you… You love me, don’t you? You’ll miss me, won’t you?” His voice begins to break.

She breaks into stifled sobs. “No, I don’t! No, I won’t!” she retorts. But the pain in her voice was there, plain and simple. She gathers enough strength to push him away gently, “Go… You’ll need to board now”.

They hold hands knowing every second mattered at this point. The feel of hand in hand is the only solace they could find in this race against time. They would have to let go sooner than later.

While both are typically indifferent to melodrama they find themselves succumbing to the biddings of this damned romantic script. Sealing the final scenes, they kiss. A soft, tender albeit emotional kiss. “You take care out there,” she battles the urge to cry once more. “You, too… I’ll miss you.” and as if on cue, he turns on his heel and begins to walk away. She dares not watch him go.

She walks towards a waiting taxi. She boards and there releases much pent up emotion. With eyes closed in a seemingly fervent prayer she mutters under her breath, “I love you. I’ll miss you so damn much.” Words she knows she had not said out loud often enough. Tears roll down her cheeks, “Come home soon… I’ll be waiting.” The taxi pulls away from the airport.


PROMISE ME
Beverly Craven

You light up another cigarette and I pour the wine
It's four o'clock in the morning and it's starting to get light
Now I'm right where I want to be losing track of time
But I wish that it was still last night

You look like you're in another world but I can read your mind
How can you be so far away lying by my side
When I go away I'll miss you and I will be thinking of you
Every night and day just ...

Promise me you'll wait for me
'cause I'll be saving all my love for you
and I will be home soon
Promise me you'll wait for me
I need to know you feel the same way too
and I'll be home, I'll be home soon

When I go away I'll miss you
And I will be thinking of you
Every night and day just ...

Promise me you'll wait for me
'cause I'll be saving all my love for you
and I will be home soon
Promise me you'll wait for me
I need to know you feel the same way too
and I'll be home, I'll be home
Promise me you'll wait for me
'cause I'll be saving all my love for you
and I will be home soon
Promise me you'll wait for me
I need to know you feel the same way too
and I'll be home, I'll be home soon.